LEARNING MENTORBack to Vacancies
WHITMORE HIGH SCHOOL
Are you looking for an innovative and forward thinking school which genuinely invests and develops you? Then come and join us at Whitmore High School where we believe all our exceptional staff contribute to transforming students’ lives!
We are looking for a Learning Mentor who would like to join our dynamic and successful school; someone who would like to be part of a friendly and hard-working team.
The successful candidate will:
- Work with the pastoral teams to identify those students who would benefit most from a Learning Mentor and draw up an action plan for each child identifying the particular support needed
- Develop a 1:1 mentoring relationship with students needing particular support, to achieve the goals and targets defined in the action plan
- Offer mentoring support in small groups on specific issues
- To have knowledge and appreciation of the range of activities, courses, opportunities and organisations that could be drawn upon to provide extra support for young people
- To liaise with middle schools and colleges to ensure that students who are at serious risk of dropping out of education/training have an identified programme to enhance their engagement in education and school life
- Operate varying levels of intervention depending on the reasons for referral
- Be able to relate well to a wide range of young people from different ability, ethnic and social backgrounds as well as with teachers and other professionals
- Have a commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and the principles and practice of equal opportunities
- Be committed to the principles and practice of safeguarding all young people
Why work for Whitmore High School?
- State of the art building with well-equipped classrooms, excellent resources and modern facilities
- Fantastic support from your line managers and SLT who will develop you and want to see you succeed in your career
- You’ll be working in an OFSTED rated ‘Outstanding’ school
- Exceptional and wide ranging CPD opportunities
- Staff Wellbeing group who promote a healthy work life balance and arrange activities such as weekly staff yoga, on-site massage, weekly fruit, well-being garden, book club with free Kindle loan for staff etc.
- Free annual flu jab
- Free use of the on-site gym
- Cycle to Work tax free bike scheme
OFSTED graded the school outstanding in all areas and commented “Students have outstanding attitudes to learning and take a pride in their work”. Our students are happy, well behaved and make excellent progress.
Full details of the post, application form and more information on our school can be viewed on our website www.whitmore.harrow.sch.uk
Completed application forms must be submitted by the closing date – Monday 6th June at 9.00am.
Whitmore High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and all staff are expected to share this commitment. A copy of our child protection policy can be found on the school website. All appointments are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and pre-employment checks. It is an offence to apply for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children. Under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, this post is listed as an exempted employment. You therefore need to reveal all spent convictions during the recruitment and vetting process.
|Application Form Support Staff 2021||24th Aug 2021||Download|
|Advert Learning Mentor May 2022||19th May 2022||Download|
|JD Learning Mentor May 2022||19th May 2022||Download|
|Whitmore High School Prospectus||09th May 2022||Download|