Congratulations to all our GCSE 2017 students for their fantastic results.
- Progress 8 = 0.88. We expect this will be in the top 1-2% of all schools and means our students achieve nearly a grade higher per subject than the average progress nationally
- Attainment 8 = 54 points, well above the national average
- 75% of students achieved 9-4 (A*-C) grades in both English and Maths and progress was strong in these subjects
- 53% of students achieved the English Baccalaureate – well above the national average. (The English Baccalaureate is awarded to students who get a GCSE grade C or above in English, Maths, two or more sciences, a language, and history or geography).
A Level and Level 3 BTEC Results
Well done to all our 2017 A Level and BTEC students.
- 28% of all A Level grades were A*/A; 65% A*-B and 89% were A*-C
- A Level Progress = 0.38 (2016) which means our students achieve nearly a half a grade higher per subject than the average progress nationally
- Average grade achieved at A Level is B and the average grade achieved at AS Level is C
- Average grade achieved by Level 3 BTEC students is Distinction*
- Level 3 BTEC Progress = 1.23 (2016) which means our students achieve over a grade higher per course than the average progress nationally
- 6th Form students who have not achieved a C or higher in GCSE English (progress = 0.4) and Maths (progress = 0.2) are required to retake
- Student retention is high at 98%
- Almost all students progress to university, continue in other education or training, or move on to employment at the end of Year 13