Congratulations to all our GCSE 2016 students for their fantastic results.
- Progress 8 = 0.75. This is in the top 1% of all schools and means our students achieve nearly a grade higher per subject than the average progress nationally
- Attainment 8 = 56 points, well above the national average
- 73% of students achieved A*-C grades in both English and Maths and progress was strong in these subjects
- 47% of students achieved the English Baccalaureate – twice the national average. (The English Baccalaureate is awarded to students who get a GCSE grade C or above in English, Maths, two or more sciences, a language, and history or geography).
Note: These results are ‘best entry’. The school has continued its successful policy of early entry (end Year 10) in GCSE Maths and Science for all students. However, only a student’s first entry to a GCSE examination counts in the DfE’s performance tables.
A Level and Level 3 BTEC Results
Well done to all our 2016 A Level and BTEC students.
- 65% of all A Level grades were A*-B and 89% were A*-C
- A Level Progress = 0.38 which means our students achieve nearly a half a grade higher per subject than the average progress nationally
- Average grade achieved at A Level is B and the average grade achieved at AS Level is C
- Average grade achieved by Level 3 BTEC students is Distinction* -
- Level 3 BTEC Progress = 1.23 which means our students achieve over a grade higher per course than the average progress nationally
- 6th Form students who have not achieved a C or higher in GCSE English (progress = 1.4) and Maths (progress = 0.1) are required to retake
- Student retention is high at 98%
- Almost all students progress to university, continue in other education or training, or move on to employment at the end of Year 13