Congratulations to all our GCSE 2018 students for their fantastic results.
- Progress 8 = 1.11. This is in the top 30 schools in England and means our students achieve over a grade higher per GCSE than the average progress nationally.
- Attainment 8 = 56 points, well above the national average.
- 57% of students achieved a strong pass (9-5) grades in both English and Maths. This is well above the national average and progress was strong in these subjects.
- English Baccalaureate Average Point Score = 5.15, well above the national average and shows the school’s strong performance across English, Maths, sciences, languages, and history/geography.
A Level and Level 3 BTEC Results
Well done to all our 2018 A Level and BTEC students.
- 25% of all A Level grades were A*/A; 61% A*-B, 87% A*-C and the pass rate was 100%.
- A Level Progress = 0.33 (2017) which is well above average and means our students achieve 1/3rd of a grade higher per subject than the average progress nationally.
- Average grade achieved at A Level is B-.
- Average grade achieved by Level 3 BTEC students is Distinction.
- Level 3 BTEC Progress = 0.9 (2017) which means our students achieve nearly a grade higher per course than the average progress nationally.
- 6th Form students who have not achieved a C or higher in GCSE English (progress = 0.5) and Maths (progress = 0.4) are required to retake
- Student retention is high at 100%.
- Almost all students progress to university, continue in other education or training, or move on to employment at the end of Year 13