TEACHER OF ENGLISHBack to Vacancies
WHITMORE HIGH SCHOOL
TEACHER OF ENGLISH
Are you passionate about teaching English? Are you looking for an innovative and forward thinking school which genuinely invests and develops you? Then come and join us at Whitmore High School where we believe exceptional teachers transform students’ lives!
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic teacher of English to A Level to join our dynamic and successful school; someone with a real passion for their subject, who teaches engaging lessons and helps all students reach their potential.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to develop, plan and deliver effective and high quality learning experiences to all of our students with a collaborative approach to teaching and learning
- Be a newly qualified or experienced teacher who is influential and committed to getting the best outcomes for the students in our school
- Be keenly interested in how children learn
- Be committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and the principles and practice of equal opportunities
- Be committed to the safeguarding and welfare of young people
Why work for Whitmore High School?
- State of the art building with well-equipped classrooms, excellent resources and modern facilities
- Fantastic support from your line managers and SLT who will develop you and want to see you succeed in your career
- ECF programme with dedicated mentor for 1st and 2nd Year ECTs
- You’ll be working in an OFSTED rated ‘Outstanding’ school
- Exceptional and wide-ranging CPD opportunities
- Staff Wellbeing group who promote a healthy work life balance and arrange activities such as weekly staff yoga, on-site massage, weekly fruit, breakfast boxes, well-being garden, book club with free Kindle loan for staff etc.
- Free annual flu jab
- Free use of the on-site gym
- Cycle to Work tax free bike scheme
OFSTED graded the school outstanding in all areas and commented “Students have outstanding attitudes to learning and take a pride in their work”. Our students are happy, well behaved and make excellent progress.
Full details of the post and more information on our school can also be viewed on our website www.whitmore.harrow.sch.uk
Completed application forms must be submitted by the closing date – Monday 30th January at 9.00am
Whitmore High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and all staff are expected to share this commitment. A copy of our child protection policy can be found on the school website. All appointments are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and pre-employment checks. It is an offence to apply for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children. Under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, this post is listed as an exempted employment. You therefore need to reveal all spent convictions during the recruitment and vetting process.
|Application form - Teaching.doc||02nd Aug 2016||Download|
|Whitmore High School Prospectus||09th May 2022||Download|
|English Jan 23||20th Jan 2023||Download|
|Advert English Jan 23||20th Jan 2023||Download|