2nd in SCIENCE (Biology)Back to Vacancies
WHITMORE HIGH SCHOOL
2nd in SCIENCE (Biology)
Are you passionate about teaching and leading Biology in an innovative and forward thinking school?
We are looking to appoint an inspirational and dynamic 2nd in Department in our well-established team. Someone with a real passion for their subject who will lead, develop and manage the effective delivery of an outstanding curriculum which enables all students to reach their potential.
Come and join us at Whitmore High School where we genuinely invest and develop our staff because we believe exceptional teachers transform students’ lives!
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to lead, manage, develop and be accountable for the department and curriculum at Key Stage 3 and 4 (Biology)
- Deliver effective and high quality learning experiences to all of our students with a collaborative approach to teaching and learning
- Be a well-qualified teacher with excellent subject knowledge and the ability to teach well across the 11-19 age range; someone who is influential and committed to getting the best outcomes for the students in our school
- Be keenly interested in how children learn
- Be committed to equal opportunities for all and to the safeguarding and welfare of young people
Why work for Whitmore High School?
- State of the art building with well-equipped classrooms, excellent resources and modern facilities
- Fantastic support from your line managers and SLT who will develop you and want to see you succeed in your career
- ECF programme with dedicated mentor for 1st and 2nd Year ECTs
- You’ll be working in an OFSTED rated ‘Outstanding’ school
- Exceptional and wide ranging CPD opportunities
- Staff Wellbeing group who promote a healthy work life balance and arrange activities such as weekly staff yoga, on-site massage, weekly fruit, breakfast boxes, well-being garden, book club with free Kindle loan for staff etc.
- Free annual flu jab
- Free use of the on-site gym
- Cycle to Work tax free bike scheme
OFSTED graded the school outstanding in all areas and commented “Students have outstanding attitudes to learning and take a pride in their work”. Our students are happy, well behaved and make excellent progress.
Full details of the post and more information on our school can also be viewed on our website www.whitmore.harrow.sch.uk
Completed application forms must be submitted by the closing date – Monday 16th May 2022 at 9.00am
Whitmore High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and all staff are expected to share this commitment. A copy of our child protection policy can be found on the school website. All appointments are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and pre-employment checks. It is an offence to apply for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children. Under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, this post is listed as an exempted employment. You therefore need to reveal all spent convictions during the recruitment and vetting process.
|Application form - Teaching.doc||02nd Aug 2016||Download|
|Advert 2nd in Science Biology May 2022||03rd May 2022||Download|
|JD 2nd in Science Biology May 2022||03rd May 2022||Download|